* Responsible for analyzing complex system administration requirements and develop well designed, high available, fault tolerant infrastructure.
* Interacting with management and business analyst to design and implement new infrastructure.
* Designing and Implementing security policies based on user level access.
* Performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager(SRM) platform.
* Work with the IP sub-netting, VLANs, Load Balancing, and High Availability (HA) architectures.
* Migrate Customizations including Custom Configurations, packages, Create Custom environments, and Access Rules as per the business requirements.
* Design VLANS, Load Balancing and High Availability architecture for high uptime.
* Install Windows, Linux and Nutanix platforms with various configuration options related to memory, storage, security and space.
* Provide support for ongoing maintenance by reviewing trace logs, developing action plans and this administration services including periodic data cleansing, backups.
* Assist with system design in areas of integration, security, infrastructure, operations. Performs database, system and integration design, development and implementation.
* Coordinate and assist with project plans for development; develop proposals and delivery tasks/issues with assistance.
* Perform Load testing on application platforms to determine the best application settings and configurations.
* Interacting with the end users and providing extensive solutions to their issues.
* Installing the security and vulnerability patches to maintain the environment under compliance.
The position requires Bachelor degree in Computer Science or related field with applicable 4 years of experience in IT or a Master’s degree in Computer Science or related field with one-year experience in IT.
* Expertise in Windows 2003/2008/2012 server & Linux administration and active directory administration.
* Building 3- & 4- node clusters for high availability and installing machine critical applications.
* Experience on install, configure and troubleshooting Microsoft Physical and virtual clusters.
* Responsible for server builds, patch management, antivirus and updates.
* Performed system administration activities, monitored system performance both at software and hardware levels.
* Worked in the area of Virtualization with VMware vSphere, ESXi 5.5,5.1, 5.0, 4.1, ESX 4.0 servers, vCenter server 2.5, 4.0, 5.0, 5.1,5.5 and vCenter Converter 4.0, 5.0.
* Expertise in Microsoft Windows 2003 windows 2008, 2012, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7.
* Experience and Familiar with Virtualisation technologies like installing, configuring, administering VMware ESX/ESXi. Created and managed VMs (virtual server) and also involved in the maintenance of the virtual server.
* Experience with enterprise backup systems and disaster recovery operations; familiarity with SAN technologies; solid understanding of vSphere 4 implementation with shared storage fiber channel, ISCSI, NFS / VMFS strategies for performance and optimization.
* Expertise with IP sub-netting, VLANs, Load Balancing, and High Availability (HA) architectures.
* Strong experience with the VMware HA (High Availability), Fault Tolerance, Distributed Resource Scheduler (DRS) and VMware Distributed Power Management.
* Knowledge of maintaining Business Continuity and performing Disaster Recovery (DR) using VMware Site Recovery Manager (SRM).
* Experience in installing and configuring VDI (Virtual desktop infrastructure) technology using VMware VIEW
* Worked on various hardware platforms like HP, Dell, Cisco UCS & Nutanix.
* Resolving server and application level issues based on system/application behaviour, error codes and logs using VMware vcenter, windebugger, core dump utilities.
* Installation and configuration of Windows Active Directory Services. Setting up Domains and configuring DHCP, DNS servers, IIS Servers, web and print servers. Optimization and performance tuning.
* Monitoring stability, security and interoperability of the systems.
* Continuous monitoring of the environment using scripts and different monitoring tools like Netqos, Solarwinds, VCOPS and SiteScope.